YOU MAY SEE A NEW LOOK TO YOUR FAVORITE CANNABIS EDIBLE PACKAGING!
New look - but same great edible!
With new requirements coming up from the Michigan Marijuana Regulatory Agency, we wanted to make sure all was understood with any questions or confusion!
Below is information on the new updates and what you should expect to see with the new requirements
With the new rules edible packaging will need to comply with the following:
- Packages shall not be in a shape or labeled in a manner that would appeal to minors aged 17 years or younger – not associated with or have, cartoons, caricatures, toys, designs, shapes, labels, or packaging that would appeal to minors.
- Packaging shall not be easily confused with commercially sold candy – use of the word candy or candies on the packaging or labeling.
- Cannot be in the distinct shape of a human, animal, or fruit, or a shape that bears the likeness or contains characteristics of a realistic or fictional human, animal, or fruit, including artistic, caricature, or cartoon renderings.
what to expect and to look out for!
If companies are not able to update their packaging by 2/2. You will see the below options for their packaging:
- Repackage their products into new, compliant packaging
- Place non-transparent stickers on packaging to clearly label product as marijuana, THC or cannabis product
- Place non-transparent stickers on non-compliant portions of the packaging for marijuana infused edible product