Hyman Cannabis : Pre-Rolled Game Changers
By: Emily Koehler
Pre-rolls are highly sought after products in the cannabis industry, and it’s important to highlight the companies doing it right. Too often, pre-rolls are made from the least savory parts of the plants; lowers, popcorn nugs, shake, and (god forbid) trim. As terrible as this sounds, we’ve all come across these stale tasting pre-rolls, yet we roll the dice on new brands all the time. To be fair, the convenience is unmatched when it comes to someone rolling up for you, so it makes sense that we still search for the perfect PR. What if I could tell you of a brand who produces FRESH, CLEAN-BURNING, and POTENT pre-rolls?! Look no further folks, your pre-roll nightmares are over thanks to Hyman Cannabis!
This week I was able to sample and review the new drop of Hyman Cannabis Pre-Rolls. As a heavy blunt smoker, I naturally scoffed at the idea of a pre-rolled joint; however, I knew I was in for a treat when I realized each pre-roll was two grams! One reason I lean towards blunts is for the ability to put more product into the roll, so I was delighted when this joint came ready to impress! I typically prefer blunts for the ease of smoking; I don’t like to relight or fix running papers and I don’t enjoy having to intensely inhale to get a decent hit. Hyman must have known that about joint critics, because they came with solutions. The joints smoked evenly, with the pack being tight and consistent, burned with a white ash, and utilized a glass tip to increase airflow. The overall smoking experience felt elegant, convenient, and effective.
As far as the individual strains go, it’s hard to choose a favorite. We were blessed with five different strains; Wedding Crashers, MAC, Riesling, Loyalty, and Bubblegum Gelato. Each strain had a unique flavor that lasted throughout the entirety of the session. Whenever I see a company putting out multiple strains that retain their unique flavor, I know the cultivators are highly skilled and put love into their grow. I couldn’t taste the nutrients or curing room, just the pure genetics–the way it should be.
- Wedding Crashers was the perfect strain to start my tasting with. As a classic cross of Wedding Cake and Purple Punch, this strain produced a well balanced effect with both my cerebral and physical sensors activated. Although the gassiness of the Wedding Cake was present, the Purple Punch seemed to balance it out with a little sweetness to create an earthy, uplifting taste. While it has uplifting terpenes, this strain still packs a powerful punch. This PR would be an excellent choice for sleep aid, appetite stimulation, or relief from pain, nausea, and anxiety.
- MAC is always a favorite of mine–those Alien Strains always are! MAC is a combo of Alien Cookies, Colombian, and Starfighter. Another well balanced strain that smoked strong! The uplifting citrus notes create a highly euphoric and mood-elevating high, while the cookie lineage brings the earthy, vanilla, creaminess to the forefront of the palate. This hybrid seems to offer the best of both worlds in terms of effect and would be a great choice for users looking to reduce anxiety and depression, to boost creativity, or to enjoy socially.
- Riesling instantly caught my attention due to it’s rising popularity in the industry. I’ve had some lower end Riesling that wasn’t impressive, so I wanted to get an idea of what good Riesling should be. Let me tell you, I was NOT let down. This beautiful cross of Grape Pie and Flo White blended into a perfectly musky, peppery, and bright smoke with an aftertaste of fresh grapes from the vine. The way the sweetness mellows into something darker perfectly resembles the name. The high was very smooth and hit my body hard, while mentally I felt engaged, yet relaxed. A great “after work high” to keep you stimulated for the rest of the night, while helping you shed the stress of daily requirements. This joint was a tough one to put down.
- Loyalty is from the Hyman Cannabis Southwest T line, with the slogan “you are what you smoke.” That alone made my eyes light up; the idea of cannabis and loyalty are hand in hand for many consumers who came up during cannabis criminalization. The dry hit was incredibly fragrant, with hints of lavender and other floral elements. Upon smoking, it was much more creamy with an almost vanilla-like taste. The effects leaned on the more relaxing side making it a perfect dessert smoke to relax and wind down with.
- We ended the tasting with the Bubble Gum Gelato, a notorious cross known for it’s heavy-hitting effects. The PR lived up to it’s infamy with effect and taste. The dry hit was pure bubblegum, so sweet and juicy. After the first inhale, the flavor immediately switches to the potent gas that Gelato is known for. The smoke was thick and coated my tastebuds with a creamy vanilla dankness, immediately followed by the sweet tangy terpenes from the Bubblegum. This knockout strain would be beneficial for users looking for pain relief, sleep aid, or appetite stimulation!
Whichever strain you choose, you’re in for a treat. Whether you’re a Pre-Roll enthusiast or general cannabis connoisseur, this is not something you will want to miss out on.
Call Center Manager
At 27 Emily Koehler is already a cannabis industry veteran. This hardcore cannabis enthusiast and aficionado is looking to break the negative stigma attached to the industry & show that it is full of compassionate people that are working hard to improve others’ quality of life. Emily is also known as the “Queen of Blunts” by her friends and loves pet weasels.