Terpenes are naturally occurring compounds that are responsible for the scent we experience from plants. Imagine walking through an apple orchard at peak season, surrounded by ripe apple trees, with a light breeze carrying the aroma through the air. Your nose can’t help but pick up on the fresh scent of those crisp apples! Or think about when you’re browsing the produce section, how do you know if the melon you’re about to buy is ripe or not? You smell it! We thank terpenes for that!
As a plant, the aroma and scent that we experience from cannabis is also because of terpenes. Terpenes are unique because they drive the experience you feel with your cannabis. You may be familiar with our friend THC, that provides a “high” and euphoria, or CBD that provides comfort, but what happens when we bring terpenes into the mix? This is what we call “The Entourage Effect.” This is when the cannabinoids, like THC and CBD work synergistically with terpenes to provide an enhanced experience.
You can think of “The Entourage Effect” like a group of friends. Individually, each friend is unique and amazing in their own way, but when you get them together? It’s a whole vibe!
Our amazing team, Corinna, Cannabis Care Specialist, Emily, Brand & Event Marketing Senior Manager, and Samantha, Call Center Manager put together some incredible resources that are designed to bring you through the journey of experiencing terpenes with all of your senses! Tune in every Thursday for education and specials on the terpene of the week!
Terpinolene brings you the uplifted, energized, and delightful experience! Walking through an apple orchard at peak season in Michigan will have your senses soaring with this terpene! Radiating like sunshine, you can’t help but feel a smile come across your face as you tap into the bright, playful and joyous notes that this experience brings.
- Personality: Uplifting, cheerful, creative, and playful
- Go-to Strains: Chernobyl, Jack Herer, Golden Goat, Super Lemon Haze, Pineberry, Orange Kush Mints, Durban Poison
- Also found in: Apples, sage, rosemary, lemon
- How your nose will know: Floral, fruity, and herbal
- Vaporizes at: 366ºF
- Breaking down possible benefits: Perfect for sparking creativity, uplifting the spirit, while keeping the mind and body calm and relaxed
featured Terpinolene recipe! - Apple Sage Rosemary Butter (makes about 2 cups)
Key ingredient: Apples, sage, rosemary, lemon
Senses/experience we’re highlighting:
- The smell of sweet, fragrant, and floral apples are sure to bring a smile to your face, while uplifting your spirits!
- Feel the creative energy bubbling within as your senses soar with Terpinolene from start to finish
- This recipe and experience is perfect when shared with friends and family to spread the joy!
why apple butter?
why apple butter?
- That burst of the sweet scent from cutting into an apple, From the moment you slice into the apples, your senses burst with crisp sweetness, while mingling with the herbaceous sage and uplifting rosemary. Awakening lemon juice adds that extra dose of Terpinolene!
- This recipe leads to a total sensory experience while it simmers on the stove for hours, inspiring happy and playful energy!
Terpene education collaborated by: Emily, Brand & Event Marketing Senior Manager
At 27 Emily is already a cannabis industry veteran. This hardcore cannabis enthusiast and aficionado is looking to break the negative stigma attached to the industry & show that it is full of compassionate people that are working hard to improve others’ quality of life. Emily is also known as the “Queen of Blunts” by her friends and loves pet weasels.
Written & graphics created by: Samantha Baker, Call Center Manager
Passionate about cannabis, Samantha manages the Trucenta Call Center. Her favorite part of being in the cannabis industry is the ability to offer customers one-on-one support to make sure they are receiving the best product possible for themselves and their loved ones. She lives in Metro Detroit with her husband and four fur babies (who all love cannabis too!)
Terpene Recipe’s crafted & written by: Corinna, Cannabis Care Specialist.
Corinna is one of the friendly voices you hear on the other end when calling into our Call Center. As a former Pastry Chef and Baker, Corinna thrives on drawing the connection between ingredients and their ability to influence the experience felt. Residing in Detroit, she loves to intermingle her knowledge of cannabis and terpenes into the sensations of crafting, tasting, and sharing a recipe