Terpenes are naturally occurring compounds that are responsible for the scent we experience from plants. Imagine walking through an apple orchard at peak season, surrounded by ripe apple trees, with a light breeze carrying the aroma through the air. Your nose can’t help but pick up on the fresh scent of those crisp apples! Or think about when you’re browsing the produce section, how do you know if the melon you’re about to buy is ripe or not? You smell it! We thank terpenes for that!
As a plant, the aroma and scent that we experience from cannabis is also because of terpenes. Terpenes are unique because they drive the experience you feel with your cannabis. You may be familiar with our friend THC, that provides a “high” and euphoria, or CBD that provides comfort, but what happens when we bring terpenes into the mix? This is what we call “The Entourage Effect.” This is when the cannabinoids, like THC and CBD work synergistically with terpenes to provide an enhanced experience.
You can think of “The Entourage Effect” like a group of friends. Individually, each friend is unique and amazing in their own way, but when you get them together? It’s a whole vibe!
Our amazing team, Corinna, Cannabis Care Specialist, Emily, Brand & Event Marketing Senior Manager, and Samantha, Call Center Manager put together some incredible resources that are designed to bring you through the journey of experiencing terpenes with all of your senses! Tune in every Thursday for education and specials on the terpene of the week!
Limonene: the happy, uplifted, and motivating experience! This terpene has you feeling bright and cheerful! Limonene is who you want in your back pocket for when you’re rolling up to prepare to clean the house, with some groovy tunes dancing in the background. If you’re looking for an extra nudge of creative and euphoric energy, limonene is the terpene you want to invite into your “Entourage Effect.” You’ll know when you find it because although your cannabis may be green, your nose will be filled with deep notes of orange, fresh, ripe, citrus.
- Personality: Energetic, creative, uplifted, and bubbly!
- Go-to Strains: White Fire OG, God’s Gift, Lemon Meringue, Do-Si-Dos, Wedding Cake, Sunfuel, MAC, Berry White
- Also found in: lemon and orange rinds, rosemary, juniper, peppermint, and pine
- How your nose will know: strong citrus with notes of orange-lemon
- Vaporizes at: 348ºF
- Breakdown of possible benefits: Elevated experience, calm and relaxed, happy and supported
- Something to be cautious of: toxic to household animals
FEATURED Limonene RECIPE!
Sunshine Sherbet floats
Sunshine Sherbet floats
Key ingredient: Lemon, lime, oranges, & peppermint
Senses/experience we’re highlighting:
- Mood boosting
- Like that feeling you get when you cross something off of your to-do list
- An uplifted spirit, tapping into your bubbly and social side
- Giggly, relaxed, and happy
why a sunshine sherbet float?
- Notice the instant lift in your spirit as the zest and juice from the lemon dances around your nose? That’s the Limonene terpene hard at work, elevating your mood and kicking any worries to the curb!
- A bubbly sweet float is the perfect way to put a smile on your face, especially when shared with friends!
- To take your float to the next level with an added dash of limonene, stir in a few fresh mint leaves to heighten the liveliness!
Terpene education collaborated by: Emily, Brand & Event Marketing Senior Manager
At 27 Emily is already a cannabis industry veteran. This hardcore cannabis enthusiast and aficionado is looking to break the negative stigma attached to the industry & show that it is full of compassionate people that are working hard to improve others’ quality of life. Emily is also known as the “Queen of Blunts” by her friends and loves pet weasels.
Written & graphics created by: Samantha Baker, Call Center Manager
Passionate about cannabis, Samantha manages the Trucenta Call Center. Her favorite part of being in the cannabis industry is the ability to offer customers one-on-one support to make sure they are receiving the best product possible for themselves and their loved ones. She lives in Metro Detroit with her husband and four fur babies (who all love cannabis too!)
Terpene Recipe’s crafted & written by: Corinna, Cannabis Care Specialist.
Corinna is one of the friendly voices you hear on the other end when calling into our Call Center. As a former Pastry Chef and Baker, Corinna thrives on drawing the connection between ingredients and their ability to influence the experience felt. Residing in Detroit, she loves to intermingle her knowledge of cannabis and terpenes into the sensations of crafting, tasting, and sharing a recipe