Have you ever wondered what terpenes are?
Terpenes are naturally occurring compounds that are responsible for the scent we experience from plants. Imagine walking through an apple orchard at peak season, surrounded by ripe apple trees, with a light breeze carrying the aroma through the air. Your nose can’t help but pick up on the fresh scent of those crisp apples! Or think about when you’re browsing the produce section, how do you know if the melon you’re about to buy is ripe or not? You smell it! We thank terpenes for that!
As a plant, the aroma and scent that we experience from cannabis is also because of terpenes. Terpenes are unique because they drive the experience you feel with your cannabis. You may be familiar with our friend THC, that provides a “high” and euphoria, or CBD that provides comfort, but what happens when we bring terpenes into the mix? This is what we call “The Entourage Effect.” This is when the cannabinoids, like THC and CBD work synergistically with terpenes to provide an enhanced experience.
You can think of “The Entourage Effect” like a group of friends. Individually, each friend is unique and amazing in their own way, but when you get them together? It’s a whole vibe!
Our amazing team, Corinna, Cannabis Care Specialist, Emily, Brand & Event Marketing Senior Manager, and Samantha, Call Center Manager put together some incredible resources that are designed to bring you through the journey of experiencing terpenes with all of your senses! Tune in every Thursday for education and specials on the terpene of the week!
The experience of the terpene Myrcene is like when you get home from a long day of hustling and are more than ready for that post-work smoke sesh to calm you down. You feel that full body exhale as soon as you hit the cushions of your couch. Myrcene also pairs nicely with your relaxed, introspective, and slightly introverted friend nearby to share the experience with.
- Personality: Relaxed, Introverted, Unwound
- Go-to strains: Alien Hallucination, Sensi Star, Alaskan Purp, Jack Herer, OG Kush, Blue Dream, Tangie, Grape Ape
- Also found in: Hops, Mango, Thyme, Sweet Basil, and Lemongrass, Responsible for the balsam fragrance in beer.
- How your nose will know: Myrcene is herbaceous, resinous, earthy, and slightly metallic. It can also be identified as earthy and herbal
- Vaporizes at: 332ºF
- Breaking down possible benefits: Supportive for relaxation, responsible for the “couch-lock” effect that may be experience with some strains (especially when combined with THC.) Myrcene is perfect for afterwork and night time.
FEATURED myrcene RECIPE!
Mango Munchie Cups
- Key Myrcene ingredients: Mango & Thyme
- The experience highlighted with this recipe:
- Satisfying munchies
- Relaxing to enjoy
- Seeking refuge from the day
- Slipping into an introspective and relaxed state of mind
- Allowing Myrcene to take the wheel as you craft this recipe to relax from your day
why mango cheesecake?
- Mango and Myrcene are a well-set-up pair. Some people believe mango is thought to help enhance “The Entourage Effect” with Myrcene and THC.
- Myrcene is nicknamed the “couch lock” terpene. For some, Myrcene may support a lovely lazy relaxed sensation, leaving your body feeling heavy and buzzed… which often pairs well with the munchie! Dig into a cheesecake cup as you sprawl on the couch.
- Thyme is a classic mango pairing, containing high levels of Myrcene. The earthy herbal aroma sends you into a state of wellbeing and calm.
Terpene education collaborated by: Emily, Brand & Event Marketing Senior Manager
At 27 Emily is already a cannabis industry veteran. This hardcore cannabis enthusiast and aficionado is looking to break the negative stigma attached to the industry & show that it is full of compassionate people that are working hard to improve others’ quality of life. Emily is also known as the “Queen of Blunts” by her friends and loves pet weasels.
Written & graphics created by: Samantha Baker, Call Center Manager
Passionate about cannabis, Samantha manages the Trucenta Call Center. Her favorite part of being in the cannabis industry is the ability to offer customers one-on-one support to make sure they are receiving the best product possible for themselves and their loved ones. She lives in Metro Detroit with her husband and four fur babies (who all love cannabis too!)
Terpene Recipe’s crafted & written by: Corinna, Cannabis Care Specialist.
Corinna is one of the friendly voices you hear on the other end when calling into our Call Center. As a former Pastry Chef and Baker, Corinna thrives on drawing the connection between ingredients and their ability to influence the experience felt. Residing in Detroit, she loves to intermingle her knowledge of cannabis and terpenes into the sensations of crafting, tasting, and sharing a recipe