Have you ever wondered what terpenes are?
Terpenes are naturally occurring compounds that are responsible for the scent we experience from plants. Imagine walking through an apple orchard at peak season, surrounded by ripe apple trees, with a light breeze carrying the aroma through the air. Your nose can’t help but pick up on the fresh scent of those crisp apples! Or think about when you’re browsing the produce section, how do you know if the melon you’re about to buy is ripe or not? You smell it! We thank terpenes for that!
As a plant, the aroma and scent that we experience from cannabis is also because of terpenes. Terpenes are unique because they drive the experience you feel with your cannabis. You may be familiar with our friend THC, that provides a “high” and euphoria, or CBD that provides comfort, but what happens when we bring terpenes into the mix? This is what we call “The Entourage Effect.” This is when the cannabinoids, like THC and CBD work synergistically with terpenes to provide an enhanced experience.
You can think of “The Entourage Effect” like a group of friends. Individually, each friend is unique and amazing in their own way, but when you get them together? It’s a whole vibe!
Our amazing team, Corinna, Cannabis Care Specialist, Emily, Brand & Event Marketing Senior Manager, and Samantha, Call Center Manager put together some incredible resources that are designed to bring you through the journey of experiencing terpenes with all of your senses! Tune in every Thursday for education and specials on the terpene of the week!
Pinene reminds you of a meditative calm, opening your airways with each deep breath. Imagine walking through a forest, dense with pine trees surrounding you in every direction. Take a deep breath in, feel the pine, air, and green nature swirl around your nose. That calm sensation you feel on the exhale? That’s pinene at play. Closing your eyes, on each breath, you feel your shoulders relax, your mind focus, and your spirit calm. All of your senses connect to allow pinene to bring you into a full body experience.
- Personality: Alert, focused, breath of fresh air
- Go-to Strains: Alien Hallucination, MAC, Garlicane, Tuna God, Mimosa, White Truffle, Orange Kush Mint, White Fire OG, Fire Alien Strawberry
- Also found in: Pine needles, juniper, coniferous trees, rosemary
- How your nose will know: Pine, fresh-green
- Vaporizes at: 311ºF
- Breakdown of possible benefits: Feeling alert, focused, and open. Pairs nicely in small doses with studying or pre-workout
- Something to be cautious of: can create feelings of uneasiness in high THC strains. It’s always best to start small and listen to your body
Key ingredient: Pine, Juniper Berry, Rosemary
Senses/experience we’re highlighting:
- Allow the refreshing pine and densely herbal scent to enhance, stimulate, and uplift your senses.
- Like a deep breath as you walk through a conifer forest, this recipe clears your mind and washes away any tensions.
- Come back to this recipe when you’re looking to ground your body, awaken your senses, and support your mind in feeling alert and ready.
why a forest gin cocktial
- Using a London Dry Gin showcases the juniper, which allows for the taste and sensation of our featured terpene: Pinene!
- Do you sense that fresh, tingling, and astringent flavor and aroma? That’s Pinene present in the Juniper Berries (which gin is made from)
- For an added dose of Pinene to uplift your spirits, garnish your cocktail with a sprig of rosemary
Terpene education collaborated by: Emily, Brand & Event Marketing Senior Manager
At 27 Emily is already a cannabis industry veteran. This hardcore cannabis enthusiast and aficionado is looking to break the negative stigma attached to the industry & show that it is full of compassionate people that are working hard to improve others’ quality of life. Emily is also known as the “Queen of Blunts” by her friends and loves pet weasels.
Written & graphics created by: Samantha Baker, Call Center Manager
Passionate about cannabis, Samantha manages the Trucenta Call Center. Her favorite part of being in the cannabis industry is the ability to offer customers one-on-one support to make sure they are receiving the best product possible for themselves and their loved ones. She lives in Metro Detroit with her husband and four fur babies (who all love cannabis too!)
Terpene Recipe’s crafted & written by: Corinna, Cannabis Care Specialist.
Corinna is one of the friendly voices you hear on the other end when calling into our Call Center. As a former Pastry Chef and Baker, Corinna thrives on drawing the connection between ingredients and their ability to influence the experience felt. Residing in Detroit, she loves to intermingle her knowledge of cannabis and terpenes into the sensations of crafting, tasting, and sharing a recipe