Terpenes are naturally occurring compounds that are responsible for the scent we experience from plants. Imagine walking through an apple orchard at peak season, surrounded by ripe apple trees, with a light breeze carrying the aroma through the air. Your nose can’t help but pick up on the fresh scent of those crisp apples! Or think about when you’re browsing the produce section, how do you know if the melon you’re about to buy is ripe or not? You smell it! We thank terpenes for that!
As a plant, the aroma and scent that we experience from cannabis is also because of terpenes. Terpenes are unique because they drive the experience you feel with your cannabis. You may be familiar with our friend THC, that provides a “high” and euphoria, or CBD that provides comfort, but what happens when we bring terpenes into the mix? This is what we call “The Entourage Effect.” This is when the cannabinoids, like THC and CBD work synergistically with terpenes to provide an enhanced experience.
You can think of “The Entourage Effect” like a group of friends. Individually, each friend is unique and amazing in their own way, but when you get them together? It’s a whole vibe!
Our amazing team, Corinna, Cannabis Care Specialist, Emily, Brand & Event Marketing Senior Manager, and Samantha, Call Center Manager put together some incredible resources that are designed to bring you through the journey of experiencing terpenes with all of your senses! Tune in every Thursday for education and specials on the terpene of the week!
Allow this terpene to extend a loving hand into the experience of comfort and compassion. Imagine a warm bubble bath, topped off with rose petals and lavender essential oils. Each inhale brings your body into a state of relaxation and care. Linalool is your reminder that everyone is deserving of a relaxing self care treatment, leaving you feeling safe and supported.
- Personality: Motherly, comforting, and compassionate
- Go-to Strains: Do-si-Dos, Zkittlez, LA Confidential, White Runtz, Slurricane
- Also found in: Lavender, birch bark, mint, roses, and basil
- How your nose will know: Floral, hint of spiciness
- Vaporizes at: 388ºF
- Breaking down possible benefits: Mood boosting, calming, relaxing
Key ingredient: Lavender, Rose, Basil
Senses/experience we’re highlighting:
- Comforting, relaxed, soft and caring. Take time for you!
- Realize that you can resign to the day’s chaotic flow and bring yourself to a stress free, floating state.
- Kick up your feet, breathe in and out slowly, letting ease take over, shake out the negative thoughts to help you dream a little easier.
- The eyelids may feel a little heavier but your soul is soaring.
why a comfort & ease room spray?
- Immersing yourself in the essential oils of this recipe allows you to be supported by the comforting, relaxing and aromatic terpene, Linalool!
- A spritz of this spray can help you calm and clear your mind, allowing you to get ready for a nap or the rest of your day, due to Linalool ability to enhance focus and manage stress.
- We added rose oil, which is found in Gerinol and often found in cannabis strains that contain Linalool, making this a match made in comfort heaven.
Terpene education collaborated by: Emily, Brand & Event Marketing Senior Manager
At 27 Emily is already a cannabis industry veteran. This hardcore cannabis enthusiast and aficionado is looking to break the negative stigma attached to the industry & show that it is full of compassionate people that are working hard to improve others’ quality of life. Emily is also known as the “Queen of Blunts” by her friends and loves pet weasels.
Written & graphics created by: Samantha Baker, Call Center Manager
Passionate about cannabis, Samantha manages the Trucenta Call Center. Her favorite part of being in the cannabis industry is the ability to offer customers one-on-one support to make sure they are receiving the best product possible for themselves and their loved ones. She lives in Metro Detroit with her husband and four fur babies (who all love cannabis too!)
Terpene Recipe’s crafted & written by: Corinna, Cannabis Care Specialist.
Corinna is one of the friendly voices you hear on the other end when calling into our Call Center. As a former Pastry Chef and Baker, Corinna thrives on drawing the connection between ingredients and their ability to influence the experience felt. Residing in Detroit, she loves to intermingle her knowledge of cannabis and terpenes into the sensations of crafting, tasting, and sharing a recipe